- The Queer Film Festival has introduced the 20th edition's program with the theme of “Wind of Change”.
- The opening film will be director Rhys Ernst's debut, Adam.
- Other films selected for the main feature film competition include for example the Oscar-nominated Swedish-Georgian drama, And Then We Danced, and the Teddy Award-winning quirky Brazilian road movie, Brief Story from the Green Planet (Breve historia del planeta verde).
On October 15, Mezipatra Queer Film Festival will introduce its trailer, directed by Jay Walker again.
It will feature not only introduction of the trailer and key visuals of this year's edition, but also program film tips.
The event takes place in Patra community café.
Mezipatra Queer Film Festival will introduce its new trailer. The event will take place in Patra community café in Krymská 17 on October 15 at 7 p.m. Visitors can also look forward to the introduction of the most anticipated films of this year's program, centred around the theme of “Wind of Change”. The trailer premiere will also represent the last opportunity to purchase festival passes, which offer 7 screenings for the price of 5 (CZK 590).
“The whole dreamy concept of the trailer refers to the spiritual and psychological changes the queer community has undergone since Stonewall,” revealed the American director Jay Walker. “The trailer strives to capture the most important moments of LGBTQ+ history through film symbolism.”
The spot was created in cooperation with Armada Films production company. Some protagonists were selected by New Aliens Agency, which promotes disrupting the worn-out ideals of beauty in society.
The retrospective section will be in a brand new style, this time under the name "Reunion". Promiment members of the queer community will introduce their favourite films. This year, visitors may look forward to films selected by the longest-performing Czech drag queen, Chi Chi Tornádo, Jindřich Chalupecký Award winner Michal Pěchouček, the Trans*parent initiative co-founder Viktor Heumann, architect Martin Hrdina, and lawyer and activist Adéla Horáková.
QFF Mezipatra 2019
Praha 7. – 14. 11.
Brno 15. – 22. 11.
echoes in regions
+420 608 910 494
- The festival section focusing on film industry is called “Queering the Industry”.
- The festival will welcome the American director and one of the Transparent series creators, Rhys Ernst, and Michael Raisler, the executive producer of We the Animals and Beach Rats.
- All events are in English and take place in the Patra community centre (Krymská 17) on Saturday, November 9, and Sunday, November 10. Admission is free.
- Mezipatra Queer Film Festival will take place in Prague between 7th and 15th November, and then continue in Brno until November 22. The theme of this year's edition is “Wind of Change”.
- The program features Adam, an American indie comedy by Rhys Ernst, a Swedish-Georgian drama set among dancers, And Then We Danced, and Xavier Dolan's latest film, Matthias et Maxime. The complete festival program will be published on October 16.
- For the very first time in its history, Mezipatra is also organizing an international industry program.